Our kids are not OK…if you don’t believe me, believe the numbers that are coming out regarding kids mental health, depression, loneliness, and suicide. In the beginning of this episode I lay out some of these alarming statistics, and then use a recent article from the NY Times to guide the discussion on how children are growing up very differently nowadays, and how a paradigm shift is needed. Some of the topics discussed are:
- alarming rise in depression and loneliness
- the move to keep children indoors
- the loss of the community and community parenting system
- the importance and new focus on how schools and teachers need to be more involved in social skill learning
- lack of social interaction time in schools, recess, lunch, etc..
- suggestions as to how we can change this
On this episode we reference the following articles:
WATCH ON YOUTUBE!!